Somehow I broke the fireplace. It’s even got an on/off switch, but I still can’t make it work. As I walk up to the rental office, I think to myself: it’s not easy beating these “dumb blonde” stereotypes when I have to ask for help because I can’t turn the fireplace on.
It worked fine all day yesterday. When I turned the switch off last night, I noticed a teensy-tiny flame between the fake logs. It was making a sizzling sound, so I did what any self-respecting person would do: I stuck my head in there to see it and then blew on it until it was gone.
And now I’m thinking maybe I shouldn’t have done that. Whoopsie. :]